- Pick a dress that you love. It's important to get opinions from your friends and family, but remember that prom is your special night. Your opinion of the dress is the most important, and should be the deciding factor. You could end up hating your dress by the time prom rolls around if you let someone else talk you into a dress you’re not crazy about.
- Compliment your date. Prom is a special occasion for your date, too! Be sure to tell them how great they look and make them feel special.
- Make an entrance. Instead of driving yourself to prom, show up in style. Rent an antique car or Hummer limo to make a grand entrance.
- Wear bold jewelry. Show off your fabulous fashion sense by wearing bold jewelry pieces that compliment your sensational prom gown.
- Choose a hairstyle that compliments your dress. If your dress has an interesting neckline or unique back design, wear your hair in an up-do to show off those features. If your dress has a simpler design, wear your hair down in an intricate style.
- Go with someone you will have fun with. This can be a friend or significant other. It comes down to who you’ll have the most fun with throughout the evening.
- Dance and enjoy yourself. Make sure you spend your prom night dancing and acting silly with your friends. Prom is a night to have fun, so leave any unnecessary drama at the door!
- Go tanning. Fair skin is in! Plus tanning is extremely bad for your skin. If you really feel like you need a tan to compliment your dress, opt for safer self-tanning lotions or spray tans.
- Over do your makeup. Remember that less is more. Use subtle makeup to enhance your natural beauty. Don't go overboard with beauty products - you want people to be able to recognize you.
- Do drugs or drink alcohol. Don't ruin your most memorable night of high school. You don't need to be intoxicated to have a good time with your friends. Make memories that you can remember!
- Select a dress that is uncomfortable. You are going to be wearing this dress and dancing in it for a long time, so make sure it’s comfortable. Avoid dresses that are too tight or have intricate beading that can irritate the skin.
- Freak out if someone has the same dress as you. It's not the end of the world if someone shows up in your dress. You are each unique in your own way and can rock the same dress in your own style!
- Wear heels that you can't walk in. They say beauty is pain, but you’ll regret showing up to prom in shoes you can’t walk in. Super high heels make dancing and even walking around the prom venue difficult, so leave the uncomfortable shoes at home.