While your options are virtually endless when it comes to prom dress colors, there are certain hues that have remained tried and true. These are the most popular prom dress colors:
- Blue – Because it comes in so many different hues, blue looks great on everyone. The colors versatility is what makes it so popular. Whether you’re looking for a modern, classic, or vintage look, you can find a blue dress that fits your vibe.
- Red – Red is a sultry, sexy color that also provides a look of sophistication. This color works for a variety of skin tones, making it another popular color for prom.
- White – While this color is typically associated with a wedding, many girls choose to wear it for their prom. It’s an easily accessorized color that pairs wonderfully with rich skin tones. White is also a common color on the red carpet and therefore highly coveted by teens across America.
- Black – Black is a popular dress color for prom because of its ability to help hide flaws. Black fabric can make your figure appear slimmer and it’s an easy color to accessorize.
- Pastels – These delicate, feminine hues have becoming increasingly popular. Whether they make up the entire dress or they’re featured in a motif or pattern, pastel colors create a fun and flirty look for prom.
- Jewel Tones – These dark, romantic colors look stunning on a variety of skin tones, making them extremely popular for prom. Burgundy, emerald, navy, and deep purple are very common jewel tones for prom dresses.
- Neutrals – From champagne to eggshell and blush, neutral hues are very popular colors for prom. If you’re looking for a neutral prom dress, it’s important to choose a shade that compliments your skin tone.
- Metallics – Shining, shimmering prom dresses have always been popular. Prom is a time to stand out, so many people seek dresses made with fabrics that offer a sheen or dresses that feature a lot of embellishments and bead work.
What color should my prom dress be?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question - your prom dress should be any color that you want it to be! If you’re unsure where to start, consider all the colors you enjoy. Are you a fan of cool colors or do you vibe more with warm tones? If you can’t decide on a color, consider searching for a pattern that features all of the colors enjoy. Prom dresses are available in such a variety of colors and designs, it’s easy to find a look that’s right for you.
What are prom colors?
Prom colors can be anything you want them to be. Choosing a dress for prom is all about your personal style, so you can virtually wear any color or combination of colors that you like!